Friday, June 19, 2009

A message from Angelee Deodhar

Dear All,

Please forgive the common mail. I am writing from Chandigarh.

My husband, Dr. Deodhar, had an external fixation operation of the left knee on Tuesday, 16th June at Fortis Hospital Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. His operating surgeon was Dr. Rajgopal.

He received 5 bottles of blood and was kept in the Intensive Care Unit till last night when he was transferred to the room...Room 105. He is on intravenous antibiotics.

His left leg has now become straight, as there is no knee joint, and the bones of the leg have been fused together. The external fixators will remain in place for 3 months, at the end of which they will be removed.

It has been a very long, painful, tedious, and frustrating three and a half years since his first bilateral knee surgery. I am grateful to all of you for your kind messages of support and for your prayers, which have given us the strength to carry on.

Right now his brother, Vasu, is looking after him in the hospital. We hope we can bring him to Chandigarh in a week's time.

We know you are all with us in thought and prayer. I will keep you informed,

With loving prayers for you and your loved ones,

angelee

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angelee,
You are breaking my heart. You know I am/we are with you and your husband and family.
Best wishes to all of you!
Sasa

Adelaide said...

My prayers are with you and your family.

Adelaide

Area 17 said...

Dear Angelee,

Sasa says it so well. My prayers go out to you, your husband, and all your family.

Alan

Anonymous said...

How is your husband, dear friend? How are you? Do let me know!
Best wishes!
My prayers....
Sasa

snowbird said...

through the valleys
the lost language longs for home -
for love to return

Dear Angelee, May it be so, may our prayers bring your love back to you healed, in renewed life.
Merrill

Roberta Beary said...

Angelee,

Lighting prayer candles for your husband and for you! It's hard to care of yourself while taking care of others!

xxx
Roberta

Karen said...

Dear Angelee,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. May you both be well.
Karen

Ram Krishna Singh said...

Dear Angelee,
I pray that your dear husband gets well soon and both you and he are spared further sufferings and tensions.
R K Singh

Area 17 said...

I second what R.K. says.

You and your husband and family are close in our prayers.

Alan